The mission of the Scott County Family YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. Our Y’s cause is to strengthen the foundation of our community through uniting the community and be a catalyst for positive change.
Our Y is an association of men, women, and children joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors.
Click Membership Application to download the Y’s membership application.
Facilities & Policies
Group Exercise Area
Swimming & Aquatics
- Members must scan their Y membership card at the Member Services Desk each time they visit the Y, or they can download our app from their app store and scan their card from their phone.
- Y members should represent our Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. Inappropriate language and fighting are strictly prohibited.
- Children under 9 years old must be actively supervised by a parent or guardian, or must be enrolled in a supervised program. When children are participating in a program, a parent or guardian must remain on the premises unless otherwise noted.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 15 are permitted to be at the Y for up to three hours without adult supervision.
- Child Watch is available for children ages 6 wks to 8 yrs. Hours are Monday-Thursday 5pm-8pm.
- Programs and schedules are subject to change.
Fitness Center Policies
- Sign-ups and a 30-minute limit may be required for cardiovascular equipment.
- Teens over 12 years old may utilize the cardio center without adult supervision.
- Individuals ages 15 and older may utilize the free weight and machine weight area with out adult supervision.
- Branch supervisors reserve the right to determine equipment competency and limitations at any time to ensure the safety of participants and member service.
- Please return weights and dumbbells to the storage racks when done.
Locker Room Policies
- Clothing and other personal belongings not in use shall be stored in the lockers provided by the Y.
- The Y is not responsible for personal items brought into the building. We recommend that you bring a lock for your locker, but locks must be removed by the end of the day. If you forget your lock or need a lock to use for the day, check with the member services desk to see if they have any available.
- Children over the age of 5 must use gender-appropriate locker rooms. The Y offers families the option of changing in the restrooms located in the front of the building next to the vending machines.
- Cell phone, camera or video camera use is strictly forbidden in the locker rooms.
- Any class without a minimum number of participants may be subject to cancellation. Classes cancelled by the Y will be made up or credits will be issued.
- Credits must be submitted to and approved by the Program Director.
- Refunds will only be given with a doctor’s written notice and approval of a Program Director.
- Any other class missed by a participant cannot be made up. Schedules are subject to change.
- Please enter and exit the pool area through the locker rooms only.
- Children, ages 5 and under, must be accompanied by an adult/ guardian (age 18 or older) in the water and remain within arms reach.
- Children ages 6 – 10 must have an adult actively supervising them in the pool area.
- Children/youth who need assistance or a flotation device must have an adult in the water with them and will not be permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- Non-swimmers of any age are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- To ensure the safety of our members, all youth, ages 13 and under, are required to take a swim test if they wish to swim in the deep end of our swimming pools. Check with your branch for more information.
- Y lifeguards reserve the right to test swimming competency of any participant at any time if their ability to safely utilize the deep end of the pool is in question.
- Any class without a minimum of 3 participants may be subject to cancellation. Pool schedule is subject to change.
- Please see additional rules in pool and hot tub area prior to using the aquatic areas of the facility.
- Electrical charges have been known to traverse indoor spaces, particularly wet areas. To ensure the safety of our members and guests, it is the policy of the Scott County Family YMCA to close all pools during thunderstorms; pools will reopen 30 minutes after the last trace of thunder and/or lightning.
- Members of the Y may bring a guest. The cost for a Guest Pass varies by age.
- Adult (16 and older) Guest Pass Fee is $10 per visit. Limit of 6 visits per calendar year. Photo ID is required
- Youth (15 and younger) Guest Pass Fee is $5.00 per visit. No limit on yearly visits.
- Guests restrictions and schedules may apply.
- A maximum of 1 guest may be brought in at any time.
- Guest passes are valid for one day only.
- Guests over age 16 are required to present a current photo ID. Guests under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult member.
- Advance notice is not required.
Membership Category Joining Fee Monthly Fee
Family (2 adults + any dependents). $55 $51
Senior Family ( 2 adults ages 62 & older) $22 $42
Senior Adult (age 62 & older) $12 $28
Adult (ages 18-61) $35 $33
Teen (ages 12 – 17) $20 $23